Table of Contents
- Quick Take of the Best Wireless Meat Thermometers for Smoking
- Benefits of Owning a Wireless Meat Thermometer?
- Willy's Top Picks - Best Wireless Meat Thermometers For Smoking
- 1. ThermoPro TP20 Wireless Remote Digital Cooking Food Meat Thermometer with Dual Probe
- 2. Wireless Meat Thermometer by KONA
- 3. Cuisinart CSG-900 Wireless Dual Probe Grilling Thermometer
- 4. JINTOP Digital Meat Thermometer
- ThermoPro TP22 Digital Wireless Remote Cooking Food Meat Thermometer
Owning a wireless thermometer grants one amazing benefit unmatched to owning a traditional thermometer: freedom.
In this article, we’re going to take a look at five of the best wireless meat thermometers so you have a better idea of what’s available.
Quick Take of the Best Wireless Meat Thermometers for Smoking
ThermoPro TP-20 Wireless
Wireless Meat Thermometer by KONA
JINTOP Digital Meat Thermometer
Someone as tech savvy as you needs a thermometer that can keep up with the jones’ while delivering accurate readings.
Today, we’ll be answering a top question: “what is the best wireless meat thermometer for your smoker?”
Benefits of Owning a Wireless Meat Thermometer?
Thermometers are a dime a dozen when it comes to availability. There are a ton that will do the job, but only a few that will do it while providing the freedom to do other tasks too.
While old school thermometers will never go out of style and continue to do the job, why work hard when you can work smart.
In today’s tech age, you need a thermometer that will stand by your side and allow you to multitask or just simply relax.
Benefits of a Wireless Meat Thermometer:
- Less stress about overcooking
- Less standing (hovering) by the grill
- Ability to prep other parts of your meal
- More time to visit with your family or special someone
- Cheering on your favorite sports team while your meat cooks
The first one we’re going to highlight is the ThermoPro TP20. Featured as one of the best selling thermometers on Amazon, there’s a lot to be said about this wireless model.
ThermoPro has been around for a number of years and continuously delivers high quality products to consumers.
Later in the review, we’re also going to cover a different ThermoPro model, the TP22. But first, let’s jump into the main features of the TP20, then check out what recent customers had to say.
Main features of the ThermoPro TP20 include:
- Probe cables are high quality and bare temperatures up to 716°F
- USDA preset ‘doneness’ levels pre-programmed for 9 different types of meat
- Stress free since the transmitter and receiver are both pre-synced at the ThermoPro factory
- Ability to view grill temperature and meat temperature at the same time via the LCD screen
- Wireless range up to 300 ft.
The bottom line is that all of these thermometers bring their own diverse qualities and we’re going to run through them one final time to sum them up.
With a wireless range of nearly 300 ft, USDA preset doneness levels, an ultra clear LCD screen, and great warranty - this thing is packed with all the bells and whistles.
If you’re looking for a user friendly, versatile wireless meat thermometer, and cost effective thermometer, this KONA model should be your next purchase.
At just under $40, the KONA Wireless Meat Thermometer follows the 'less is more design' and works to ensure customers get exactly what they’re hoping for.
With it’s pre-programmed settings and bright LED screen, this product is well lit and perfect for diverse environments.
After reading reviews and learning about this thermometer, we can’t wait to share why it made our list. Let’s cover the main features then uncover the pros and cons you can expect to receive.
Main features of the Wireless Meat Thermometer by KONA include:
- Wireless range up to 150 ft
- Preset settings for 7 different types of meats
- Temperature ranges up to 500 ℉, be sure to utilize the preset USDA suggested temperatures for level of doneness
- 5 year warranty supported by KONA
- Illuminated LCD screen permits use of the BBQ thermometer even during the evening
The Wireless Meat Thermometer by KONA is another top model we wanted to share with readers due to its wide range of uses.
With pre-set USDA levels compared to the ThermoPro TP20, this thermometer has half the range of its competitor but a better warranty.
Featuring a wide temperature rage and accurate construction, those who aren’t looking to spend as much on the TP20 can receive half the benefits for about half the cost.
Convenience can mean the difference between enjoying a long cooking session and having one become a chore.
The Cuisinart CSG-900 Wireless Dual Probe Grilling Thermometer is a great model for beginners and doesn’t over-complicate the process by adding a ton of bells and whistles compared to other models on the market.
Cuisinart has been in the industry for quite some time and sure does their part to ensure customers receive dependable, high quality products. Let’s see what the CSG-900 has to offer!
Main features of the Cuisinart CSG-900 Wireless Dual Probe Grilling Thermometer include:
- Wireless connectivity ranging up to 300 ft.
- Max temperature on the receiver is 572⁰F
- 3 primary functions: meat thermometer, grill thermometer, and timer
- Comes with a built in stand and/or clip on base of transmitter
- Includes 4 AAA batteries with purchase
The Cuisinart CSG-900 Wireless Dual Probe Grilling Thermometer is an awesome model for those just learning to smoke and doesn't over-complicate things.
With max temperatures reaching 572⁰F and wireless technology reaching nearly 300 ft, the only downside behind the Cuisinart CSG-900 seems to be the fact that the transmitter is not pre-synced to the receiver.
It’s glow in the dark functionality means you can take this hunting, camping, or simply enjoy a late night smoking session.
Next on our list is the JINTOP Digital Meat Thermometer. While this is a lower priced model compared to other thermometers on our list, this is a great model if you’re on a budget or want an entry level model.
JINTOP certainly made a Top of the line, value based thermometer and one loaded with a plethora of great features.
We did our homework and found out what made this stand apart from others, in addition to what recent customers had to say about their purchasing decision.
Let’s dive into the main features then cover the pros and cons connected to the JINTOP Digital Meat Thermometer.
Main features of the JINTOP Digital Meat Thermometer include:
- Outstanding long range connectivity of up to 230 ft
- Timer has the capacity to countdown from 59 second all the way up 99 hours and also notifies users when complete via beeps and flashes
- Comes with 2 probes which are both heat resistant and waterproof
- Comes pre programmed with 8 different meats and 5 doneness levels, plus 5 taste levels: rare, medium rare, medium, medium well, and well done
- 1 year warranty offered to replace or return thermometer for any reason whatsoever
The JINTOP Digital Meat Thermometer carries a lower price but don’t let that be off putting. This thermometer still carries a wireless range of nearly 230 ft and is also pre programmed with 8 different meats and their appropriate doneness levels. JINTOP offers customers a 1 year warranty and offers their thermometer in two colors: silver and black.
A leading brand among the thermometer, grill, and smoking community, ThermoPro strives to deliver high quality products at an affordable price.
The company does a fantastic job at ensuring consumers have the ability to utilize top-end functions without paying half the cost of their griller or smoker.
The demand behind ThermoPro products speaks for itself and the benefits included within each product are a league of their own.
There are a handful of main features you should be aware of before deciding on which thermometer is right for you. Additionally, you should hear what recent customers had to say about their experience of the ThermoPro TP22.
Main features of the ThermoPro TP22 include:
- 1 year standard warranty and 3 year upgraded extended warranty
- Wireless connectivity has a range up to 300 ft
- Dual probe capability allows users to track two different temperatures at once
- Pre-programmed settings have the capacity to monitor temperatures of 9 different types of meat and their proper donesless level in accordance to USDA temperatures
- Timer setting ranges from 59 minutes to 99 hours - have full control over your next smoking or grilling experience
The bottom line with the ThermoPro TP22 is that this model carries very similar traits compared to the TP20, but the biggest difference we found was size difference and durability.
With the TP20, you get an updated model that can withstand a few drops and spills. You (sadly) will have to be gentle with the TP22 but nonetheless, it’s still an amazing thermometer.
In the end, the five thermometers we chose to highlight all bring their own unique features to the table and we’re happy to have had the opportunity to share them with you.
We wish you the best in your adventure for the best wireless meat thermometer for your smoker and hope this overview has contributed toward your decision making process.
If this was helpful or you have any feedback, be sure to drop a comment and let us know. We love hearing from our readers. Happy smoking!