Table of Contents
- Comparison Chart of the Best Budget Smokers
- Smoking Doesn’t Have to Come at a Cost
- Willy's Top Picks - Best Budget Smokers
- Review of the Best Budget Smokers
- Best Smoker Under $60: Masterbuilt 20060416 Charcoal Bullet Smoker
- Best Smoker Under $75: Char-Broil American Gourmet Offset Smoker
- Best Smoker Under $100: Weber 741001 Original Kettle 22-Inch Charcoal Grill
- Best Smoker Under $150: Char-Griller Akorn Jr. Kamado Kooker Charcoal Grill
- Best Smoker Under $200: Camp Chef Smoke Vault 18"
- The Bottom Line
Finding the right smoker can be daunting and there are typically some questions that arise during the process. Will this be the right one for me? Will this fit my needs? What are recent customers saying about it? Is this within my budget? No need to worry, we’re going to answer every questions with ease.
In this article, we’re going to review a handful of great models and help you find the best budget smoker! We’re going to work our way up in price and cover our pick under $60, $75, $100, $150, and $200.
Comparison Chart of the Best Budget Smokers
Masterbuilt 20060416 Charcoal Bullet Smoker
Best Under $60
Char-Broil American Gourmet Offset Smoker
Best Under $75
Weber 741001 Original Kettle 22-Inch Charcoal Grill
Best Under $100
Char-Griller Akorn Jr. Kamado Kooker Charcoal Grill
Best Under $150
Camp Chef Smoke
Best Under $200
Smoking Doesn’t Have to Come at a Cost
As we know, smoking and grilling can quickly become and expensive hobby. There are a plethora of smokers on the market today that are nearly a thousand dollars - something some of us would definitely like to avoid.
But quality doesn’t have to suffer as a result of settling on a smoker that is less than ultra pricey ones. We can’t wait to show you which ones made our list!
Willy's Top Picks - Best Budget Smokers
Review of the Best Budget Smokers
Let's take a look at the top models that made our list for the best budget smokers!
Best Smoker Under $60: Masterbuilt 20060416 Charcoal Bullet Smoker
First, and our top pick for the best budget smoker under $60 is the Masterbuilt Charcoal Bullet Smoker. This popular model is one of Amazon’s Choice and for good reason.
For it’s reasonable price, this little bullet smoker is just that - a bullet who’s killing the smoking game. We’re going to review the best features Masterbuilt packed into this model then take a look at the pros and cons mentioned by recent customers. Let’s see what’s expected with this purchase!
Main features of the Masterbuilt 20060416 Charcoal Bullet Smoker
- 395.4 sq. inches of available space for cooking
- Two smoking racks coated in porcelain
- Easily add charcoal through the front-access door
- Water bowl and charcoal pan are also coated in porcelain
- Built-in thermometer on the lid
Best Smoker Under $75: Char-Broil American Gourmet Offset Smoker
Second on our list and our pick for the best budget smoker under $75 is the Char-Broil American Gourmet Offset Smoker!
The standard smoker is the model we’ll be reviewing today but we want you to know this smoker also comes in a deluxe and deluxe plus charcoal starter edition.
This model also made the list on our Best Grill Smoker Combo article! Without further ado, here are the main features!
Main features of the Char-Broil American Gourmet Offset Smoker
- 140 sq. inches of cooking space in firebox area
- 290 sq. inches of cooking space in main area
- Full control over heat and smoke output
- Steel firebox grate adjusts vertically
- Easy to clean out ash thanks to door and adjustable damper
Best Smoker Under $100: Weber 741001 Original Kettle 22-Inch Charcoal Grill
Coming in next is the Weber 741001 Original Kettle and our pick for the best budget smoker under $100!
In an act to replicate the kettle that we all grew up with, the Original Kettle is the perfect grill for campers, griller, entertaining, and even expert chefs.
There’s no reason to reinvent the wheel. Weber knows what works and offers an amazing model to be loved by all. Before we cover the pros and cons, let’s check out the main features.
Main features of the Weber Original Kettle
- Built-in thermometer on lid
- 10 year limited warranty from Weber
- 363 sq. inches of cooking space within the heavy duty 22 inch steel grate
- Removable aluminum ash catcher makes dumping ash a breeze
- Bowl and lid are both porcelain-enamel coated and able to withstand high temperatures
Best Smoker Under $150: Char-Griller Akorn Jr. Kamado Kooker Charcoal Grill
Number four on our list and the best smoker under $150 is the Char-Griller Akorn JR. Kamado Kooker Charcoal Grill!
This compact design is ideal for a number of different environments and can easily be taken on trips.
This is perfect for single chefs, family outings, and year-round smoking sessions. Let’s have a look at the main features then see what recent customers had to say about their experience!
Main features of the Char-Griller Akorn Jr. Kamado Kooker Charcoal Grill
- Lid is hinge locking
- 153 sq. inches of cooking space
- Ash pan can be easily dumped making cleaning simple and smooth
- Dual airflow dampers on top and bottom help regulate airflow and temperature
- Triple wall steel construction insulates to provide a one of a kind smoking experience
Best Smoker Under $200: Camp Chef Smoke Vault 18"
The Camp Chef Smoke Vault is an outstanding smoker designed to lock and secure meats or veggies, safely storing them until you’re ready to indulge.
The sleek and professional design of the 18” model we’ll be reviewing is beautifully constructed and features an eye catching stainless steel door.
Proudly carried by the Smoke Hollow name, this smoker is crowded with features. Let’s take a look why it made our list for the best budget smoker under $200!
Main features Camp Chef Smoke Vault 18":
- Includes water pan
- Easily visible built in door thermometer ranging from 50℉ to 550℉
- Matchless snap-ignition makes start up a walk in the park compared to other models
- 2 adjustable racks - cook meats of all sizes with ease
- 3 adjustable dampers to control heat and smoke output
The Bottom Line
When it comes to picking the perfect smoker, there are a ton of things to evaluate, including budget. The products we’ve outlined all come with a great deal of benefits but surely there are qualities to be weary of based off recent customer’s history.
The bottom line is - out of these smokers, our top pick is the Camp Chef Smoke Vault 18". It was hard for us to find things that people didn’t like, it’s simply a great valued, well-rounded smoker.
In the end, we hope we’ve contributed a great deal toward your next purchase and smoking excursion. While the Camp Chef is our top pick, that doesn’t mean that the others won’t serve you well.
If this review was helpful (or not helpful for any reason), be sure to leave a comment below. We love hearing from readers and can’t wait to hear about which smoker you settled on. Happy Smoking!